- How can I get emergency travel assistance when I am overseas?
As a policyholder, you are entitled to the following travel assistance services provided by Allianz Global Assistance . To access the service, simply dial the Emergency Services Hotline at +65 6327 2215 and quote your Policy Number. Consultation is free. Other third-party costs and expenses are covered under this Policy subject to the terms and conditions provided in the Policy Wording.
Our Travel Information and Emergency Assistance Services comprise the following:
- Pre-Trip Information Services
- Inoculation Requirements & Visa Requirements
- 24-hours Emergency General Travel Assistance (English & Mandarin)
- Embassy Referral
- Loss Luggage Assistance
- Loss Passport Assistance
- Emergency Message Transmission Assistance
- Interpreter Referral
- Telephone Medical Advice
- Medical Service Provider Referral
- Arrangement of Appointment with Local Doctors
- Arrangement of Hospital Admission
- Guarantee of Medical Expenses Incurred
- Monitor Medical Condition during Hospitalization with Attending Physician
- Are there any exclusions under Tiq Travel?
Yes, there are exclusions such as hazardous occupations or those who participate in professional high-risk sports and extreme sports.
We also do not cover the following countries: Afghanistan, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Sudan, Somalia, South Sudan and Syria.
Please refer to the Policy Wording for more information.
- Do you cover pre-existing medical conditions?
Yes, we do! Pre-existing conditions are only covered for single trips with a duration of less then 30 days under the following sections:
- Section 2: Medical Expenses Incurred Overseas
- Section 4: Overseas Hospital income
- Section 10: Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Section 11: Repatriation of Mortal Remains to Singapore
The respective sub-limits would apply. Please refer to the Policy Wording for more information.
- What is the definition of "pre-existing medical conditions"?
The Insured Person(s) must meet all the following conditions to be eligible for Tiq Travel Insurance Pre-Ex cover:
(a) The Insured Person(s) is following their treating doctor’s advice for all their pre-existing medical condition. This includes not refusing or delaying any monitoring, medical appointment, medical test, medication, treatment or surgery.
(b) The Insured Person(s) does not have any medical condition or symptom which they have not consulted a doctor for or for which they are waiting for medical test, medical result, diagnosis, treatment or surgery.
(c) In the last 12 months, the Insured Person(s) does not have any pre-existing medical condition which has required them to:
- receive treatment at a hospital’s Accident and Emergency Department more than once;
- stay in a hospital as an inpatient for more than three days in a row; and
- stay in a hospital as an inpatient for more than once.
- Will I be covered if I am going overseas for medical treatment?
No, we do not cover persons going overseas to receive medical treatment.
- What is a group plan?
A travel insurance Policy issued to you in respect of the Insured Persons named in the Schedule who are travelling as a group, with a maximum of 10 insured persons. If you have more than 10 insured persons, we will recommend for you to apply for 2 (or more) Group Plans (as required) (E.g. 18 insured persons will require 2 Group Plans). The Insured Persons under the Group Plan must travel together on a Trip.
Group Plan is only available under Single Return Trip Policy for Pre-Ex Plans and Non Pre-Ex Plans.
- What is a family plan?
A single trip plan comprises a maximum of up to six (6) adults traveling with up to eight (8) children. The maximum number of Insured Person(s) under one Family plan is 10 persons. The adults need not be related but the child(ren) must be the Legal Child(ren) or grandchild to either of the adult Insured Person(s). All must depart from and return to Singapore together at the same time.
For annual multi-trip plan, the Insured Person(s) will comprise You, Your Legal Spouse and any number of Your Legal Children. The child(ren) need not be accompanied by either of the parent for any trips made during the Period of Insurance.
Family Plan is only available under non Pre-Ex plans.
- What is a Married Couple Plan?
A Married Couple Plan can be bought by two adult individuals who are legally married. The Insured Persons must travel together. Married Couple Plan is only available under Single Return Trip Policy for Pre-Ex Plans and Non Pre-Ex Plans.
- What are the types of plans available?
Trip type: Single or Annual Multi-Trip (recommended for frequent travellers)
Plan type: Individual, Family, Married Couple or Group
Benefit type: Entry, Savvy, Luxury, Pre-Ex Entry, Pre-Ex Savvy, Pre-Ex Luxury
Optional add-ons are available for all single trip plans:
- Rental Car Excess Cover
- Sports Equipment Protector
- Child Education Cover
- Pet Hotel Cover
For more information, please refer to the Policy Wording.
- What is an annual multi-trip plan?
An Annual Multi-Trip plan provides coverage for an unlimited number of overseas trip made within the policy year, provided that each trip is less than 90 consecutive days.
This is available as an Individual Annual Multi-Trip Plan and a Family Annual Multi-Trip Plan.
- Can I purchase insurance for a one-way trip?
No, we do not cover one-way trips.
- Can I choose to only cover a portion of my trip if I am doing a multi-city trip?
No, your period of insurance must include your entire trip from the date of departure from Singapore to the date of arrival in Singapore.
- What kinds of leisure activies are covered under Tiq Travel Insurance?
The following leisure activities are covered:
- Leisure scuba diving where the Insured Person(s) is diving no deeper than thirty (30) meters under the supervision of a qualified diving instructor; or the Insured Person(s) hold a PADI certification and He is diving within the certified depth under His PADI certification (but no deeper than 30 meters) and the Insured Person(s) is diving with a buddy or instructor who holds a PADI certification.
- Hot air balloon ride, parachuting, sky diving, bungee jumping, hang-gliding, paragliding, and non-competitive winter sports.
- Motorcycling where the Insured Person(s) hold a motorcycle license recognised by the country He is travelling in and provided that the Insured Person(s) wear a helmet at all times whilst motorcycling and abide by all applicable road laws of that country.
For more information, please refer to the Policy Wording.